Our Red Ball – Orange Ball – Green Ball – Tennis Clinics are about fitting tennis to kids based on age and physical size. Any child between the ages of 5 to 11 can pick up a racquet and start playing tennis almost immediately and feel success! To make it easier, we “kid-sized” it with smaller court sizes, lower net height, lighter racquet sizes, with a ball that ball bounces lower and slower. We stress the importance of cooperation, camaraderie, self-esteem, discipline, and good sportsmanship so your kids develop just as many life skills as they will tennis skills.
Aces 1 Red Ball
Aces 1 Red Ball is the best way to get kids on the tennis courts having fun and feeling success with hitting the ball! Your child’s first tennis experience establishes a foundation for hand-eye coordination, basic movement, cooperation, and athletic tennis skills. It's a fun-filled introduction to the great lifetime sport of tennis.
In Red Ball, our courts and balls are kid sized: we use mini-nets (2’9” tall) that are sized for success on a half-court (36’ X 18’).
PLUS we use the RED BALL:
• Moves slower
• Bounces lower
• For play on the 36' court
• Lighter weight for smaller kid-sized racquets (suggested racquet head size of 23”)
PREREQUISITE: Age 5-8 years old, no experience necessary
PROGRESSION: To graduate from the Aces 1 Red Ball to the Aces 1 Orange Ball (prior to being 8 years old) the student must:
• Show the ability to listen and follow directions
• Be able to demonstrate the forehand and the backhand groundstrokes
• Be able to demonstrate the forehand and backhand volleys
• Be able to rally with a Pro (10-15 times in a row)
•Be able to serve on the 36’ court