Ah, a fresh year.
There is something about a new year that gives a sense of a new start and opportunities to change.
One of the things I do entering a new year is to take stock of what I am grateful for and to consider the direction I am going. Because, you know, if you have no direction then you certainly will not get there.
I hope you will join me in asking yourself these 11 questions – it’s also a fun discussion to have with your partner and loved ones. You know that saying…If you keep doing what you are doing, you’ll keep getting what you are getting. So now is the time to set your course, your desires, and get something better for 2018.
Set your intentions in 2018 – Click here to download the worksheets!
1. What am I grateful for?
2. What have been my happiest moments in life?
3. What am I passionate about?
4. What accomplishments from last year am I most happy about? (personal and/or professional)
5. What were my greatest disappointments from last year and why?
6. What do I want to achieve in 2018? (personal and/or professional)
7. What is going really well in my life right now?
8. What needs to change in my life to make it better and to achieve the results I want?
9. If I am to do one thing in my professional/volunteer life that would have the most positive impact, what would that one thing be? Why would it have such an impact?
10. If I am to do one thing in my personal life that would have the most positive impact, what would that one thing be? Why would it have such an impact?
11. What are my BIG 5 goals for 2018? Answer this for each goal: Why do I want to achieve this? What specific action do I need to take to make this happen? What habits and behaviors will I need to develop in order to accomplish this? When I achieve the goal, what will be the result and what will be my reward? Download the worksheets for these goals.
If you like these questions, I adapted them from an old school planner from fitproplanner.com. Their planners have these questions and many, many more, and the planner is laid out with weekly, 30-day, and 90-day planning tools. I love it! And it helps me to stay focused throughout the year. I like that this is an “old-fashioned” diary that I can keep every year to review and reflect on my goals and life’s work.
I am excited for 2018 and hope this to be your BEST YEAR EVER! We are so happy to be a healthy part of your life and wish you all the best in this new year.