Owner, Manager, and Cycling Coach
When you feel confident, you feel good and life seems better. I believe that everyone has a starting point for feeling better – both internally with how your body works and feels and externally with how you look and carry yourself. Every day brings an opportunity to do something good for yourself through exercise and making healthy choices. And when you feel good, you share that with others, helping to make our world a friendlier place. That’s what I love about how we can be a healthy part of your life here at the Club.
Besides helping members to feel fit, play hard, and enjoy life, I want to share my love of cycling and fitness with everyone! I ran competitively through high school and at WWU. However, I had to stop all impact sports at the age of 24 because of my bad pair of knees from a congenital condition and subsequent surgeries. This meant no more running or skiing and so I turned to cycling, swearing it has held off a knee replacement and kept me strong – even with arthritis and a total of 10 knee surgeries (to date!).
I love to work with people in cycle training at all ages and abilities to help you gain confidence in all you do: from those who want to reduce knee or hip pain and start to LIVE again to those looking to boost their cycling performance, and everyone in between. I will also help you with a proper fit on our stationary cycles. The best thing about indoor cycling is that anyone can do it and no one gets left behind!
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS
· Founder Healthy Knees Cycling & Cycle Moles Training Programs
· Amazon International Best Selling Author “Healthy Knees Cycling”
· ACE Certified Personal Trainer, US Cycling Federation Coach Level 2
· SICI Professional Bike Fitter
· 2009 Washington State Masters B Best All Around Road Racer Champion; 2008 2nd Place
· Health and fitness professional since 2000; athlete forever
· Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science from WWU
· CPR, First Aid, and AED Certified
· Cycling (road, mountain, commuting)
· Strength training and fitness
· Kicking back to watch a good movie
· Making the world a better place
· Doing things outside
·And MOSTLY, I want to have fun with my best friend and husband Doug, daughter Elena, and son Foster.
Doug doug doug doug doug.