BTTC Tennis Camp Culture
At our summer camps, your child will learn to play the game and have fun while doing it. We love playing tennis, and we want everyone to, too!
In this environment, during the two- to four-day camps your child will grow in their tennis and athletic skills while also absorbing tennis’s subtle and valuable life lessons, such as etiquette, good sportsmanship, integrity, best effort, and FUN! Camps are open to both Members and Non-Members.
A typical camp day:
• Intro and Ice Breakers – “Tennis is fun! No matter what your age or ability” – getting to know each other and the basics of camp
• Rally & Athletic Development – “Move Better, Play Better” – Agility, balance, and coordination
• Small Group Fundamentals Work – “How and where to hit the ball” drills and skills practice for stroke development
• Break - “Popsicle* Time!” rest and a treat
• Big Group Activities –“Applying the skills and drills” fun and skill level appropriate tennis, games, mixers, and match play to promote the positive social benefits of camp.
As one of 6-8 players to 1 coach, your child will receive the individual attention and feedback that will have a big impact and build their skills.
To maximize fun and speed learning, we group players with peers of the same playing level. On the first day of camp, during the warm up and rally, we organize groups based on:
• Ability to rally
• Use of proper technique
• Effort and focus
During the course of camp, kids can move up group levels (that’s what we want!) No matter what group level, your child will feel equally valued and appreciated.
February 23 & 24, 2019: Pre-season High School Girl’s Camp Weekend
JV Girls: Saturday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., Sunday 1 - 3 p.m.
Varsity Girls: Saturday 12 - 2 p.m., Sunday 3 - 5 p.m.
$120 Guests, $102 Members