BTTC Tennis Camp Culture
Our coaching philosophy and emphasis is geared toward sharing the love of the game of tennis. We love to play – to play the game and have fun while we are doing it – and this is a very powerful tool to engage kids and encourage learning. Players will grow in their tennis and athletic skills while bringing home some of the more subtle and valuable life lessons that come with playing tennis. We always emphasize tennis etiquette, good sportsmanship, integrity, best effort, and FUN! Our camps range from two to four days in a row, depending on the time of year.
Here is a typical camp day:
• Intro and Ice Breakers – “Tennis is fun! No matter what your age or ability” – getting to know each other and the basics of camp
• Rally & Athletic Development – “Move Better, Play Better” – Agility, balance, and coordination
• Small Group Fundamentals Work – “How and where to hit the ball” drills and skills practice for stroke development
• Break “Popsicle Time!” – A little rest and a treat
• Big Group Activities –“Applying the skills and drills” fun and skill level appropriate tennis, games, mixers, and match play to promote the positive social benefits of camp.
How we organize the players:
We keep a low ratio of 6-8 players to 1 coach. On the first day of camp, during the warm up and rally, we group the kids onto different courts based on:
• Ability to rally
• Use of proper technique
• Effort and focus
We make this organization of groups because we have found that players have more fun and learn more quickly when they are playing with their peers. During the course of camp, it is possible that kids will move up group levels (that’s what we want!). No matter what group level, we make sure that each child feels equally valued and appreciated.
Registration is simple!
- Log onto our online portal
- Create your profile
- Register players for weeks and times desired
- Camps are open to both members and non-members!